Monday 23 May 2016

City Break: Madrid

Madrid is a city that I've wanted to visit for a long time and recently I finally managed to go for a little city break with my Mum. It is safe to say that I was not left disappointed with the city and it is somewhere that I would recommend for people to visit. 

Accommodation

We stayed at the Hotel Atlantico located on Gran Via which is one of the main streets in Madrid. It's a hotel that is in a perfect location for getting around the city. The hotel comes with free wi-fi and there is a lovely roof terrace with a bar which I found to be perfect for of an evening to sit on and enjoy a drink as you relaxed from a busy day.





Food

Walking around Madrid I found that there were little different places to eat and that there were variety of cuisines to choose from. Whilst in Madrid eating was something that I did not do much of, for breakfast we would always find ourselves at the Starbucks which was a little but further down the road. We did visit Cafe & Te, Los Nuevos Alpes Cafe, Churreria Chocolateria and Hard Rock Cafe. 

Cafe & Te: This little cafe did a good selection of smoothies which left me struggling to decide on which smoothie to have and I ended up settling for a Tropical smoothie which did not leave me disappointed. 


Los Nuevos Alpes Cafe: This was a little cafe that we stumbled upon by accident whilst walking down Calle Major. Whilst here I had what is probably the best pizza I've tasted. Whilst waiting for our food we were given a little piece of bruschetta style bread with a slice of tomato and ham on which was lovely. 

Churreria Chocolateria: If your like me and love churro's then this is a place that you must visit. This is located on Calle Major and was popular with the locals of Madrid. The chocolate for you to dip your churro in to is served in a little tea cup which I found to be a nice touch. 



Things to do

For someone visiting Madrid for the first time I would recommend to do the hop-on hop-off tour bus but to get a 2 day pass so that you are able to get your bearings with the city. The tour bus is also useful to use as a little taxi around the city. 

The palace is a must visit part of the city. 







For football fans the Bernabeu Stadium is a must visit where you are able to do a stadium tour. There is a choice of whether you have a guided or non guided tour of the stadium. 







The Mercado de San Miguel is a must visit, this is located just off Calle Major. I found this to be interesting to walk around and see the locals walking around drinking wine and stopping at the different stalls to stand there and eat the counters. There was a range of products for sale from wine, nuts, fruit, pastries, meat and fish. 







There are loads of different buildings around Madrid which I found to be beautiful.







LauraJane









No comments:

Post a Comment