Sunday 3 July 2016

P&O Britannia Cruise Ship

If you've seen my previous blog you will have seen that I recently went on a Norwegian Fjord cruise onboard P&O Britannia. This was my first time onboard the Britannia as well as my first time doing a P&O cruise, I've previously done Royal Caribbean and Thomson cruises. 





Eating and Drinking
Onboard the ship there are different places for you to be able to eat and drink. Some of the eating places onboard you have to pay a cover charge which varies in price depending on where you choose to go. There is a lot of inspiration from celebrity chefs such as Marco Pierre White, James Martin and Eric Lanlard in some of the eating places. At the Market Cafe you can enjoy cakes which are inspired by Eric Lanlard such as Red Velvet Cake which I did treat myself to and it was one of the best Red Velvet cakes I've had. 




There is a Olly Smith inspired wine bar that also serves food called  The Glasshouse. There is a large choice of wine to choose from for those who do enjoy a glass of wine, I like Moscato which is very rarely seen and it was available at The Glasshouse which made me very happy. On one visit to The Glasshouse we ordered some food which I would say is more of a place to go for lunch. The food was lovely, I got a taster dish of chicken liver parfait, chicken tenders with a parmesan crumb and mushrooms in a breaded crumb. 


You can also enjoy food at The Beach House which has got an American style menu. On our visit I got sizzling chicken fajitas which were the best fajitas I've ever had. Whilst at The Beach House you can order a steak which you are able to cook yourself on a lava rock. 

There is a place onboard called The Limelight Club where you are able to enjoy entertainment as well as food for a charge of £22. Entertainment you can enjoy include Darren Day and Jaki Graham. We went to see Darren Day who was really good as he did different impressions and sang some swing songs. The Limelight Club is definitely somewhere I would recommend people to go whilst onboard and I found that this was where we enjoyed the best meal onboard. 

Other places to go for a drink onboard include the pub where you can also join in with quizzes as well as karaoke and Java which serves Costa coffee.



Entertainment
There is places onboard the ship where you can enjoy entertainment such as the Live Lounge and the main theatre. Entertainment onboard included:
  • P&O showcase performing musicals
  • Ventriloquist Jimmy Tamley
  • Badness (Madness Tribute Act)
  • Annie Lennox Tribute Act
  • Comedian (can't remember his name)
  • Swing Singer (can't remember his name)


Miscellaneous
Onboard there is a cookery club where you are able to enjoy cookery classes from an onboard chef with dishes including Thai Street Food. There are select cruises which offer the chance of a masterclass from either Marco Pierre White or James Martin. 

There are some shops onboard which sell different products including make-up, perfume, sunglasses, jewellery and clothing. Brands available to buy include Benefit, Pandora, Radley and Ray Ban. 


Britannia is the newest ship in the P&O fleet and they have relaxed the dress code. For our 7 night cruise we had 2 formal nights, I like formal nights when on cruises as I think it's nice to get dressed up and to see everyone else onboard also dressing up. 



Any questions feel free to leave a comment. 



LauraJane







No comments:

Post a Comment