Sunday 7 August 2016

Tips for booking your next holiday

Booking a holiday can be stressful for some people so here are some tips that I like to follow when booking any sort of holiday short or long. 

Before you start any planning for your holiday you need to set a budget for your holiday as this will make it easier when you are looking for your accommodation. Also you need to decide what time of year you would like to go which affects the price of your holiday. I always try to make sure I don't travel when the schools are off and I find it a lot better to be at the destination mostly during the week and try to avoid travelling at the weekend as this will increase the price.


Research

I find that research is one of the most vital things you do when you are booking any type of holiday. One of the first things that I would recommend to research is where you are going to go on your holiday and then once you have decided where you are going to go I would then look in to what you would like to do whilst you are at the destination. Once you have decided what you would like to do at the destination it will give you an idea of how long you will need to book for as the worse thing you would want is not to book long enough which I've had happen to me in the past. 

Before I go on my holiday I like to have a little research on blogs to see what tips I can find for the destination I am going to and to see if I can find any places that I must visit. 


Transport

When looking for flights I always look at budget airlines first and will then look on  Expedia as they will give you different airlines for you to compare. I always try to make sure that I've got a direct flight as if you end up with a layover that is taking precious time away from spending at the destination of your holiday. Some cities have more than one airport so it is important to make sure that you are booking to fly into the right airport and that you are comfortable with getting from the airport to your destination. 

It is always good to take a look at the local transport at the destination you are going to as sometimes it may be easier for you to get from the airport to your accommodation by local transport. It is also good to try and familiarise yourself with the local transport so that you have some sort of idea where you are going when you get to your destination as if you look lost you can become an easy target for pickpockets. 

Accommodation

When it comes to booking your accommodation you need to think about whether you want to be in the centre or if you want to be on the outskirts. You also need to consider what type of accommodation do you want and what basis you want to book. I prefer to book a hotel without any meals included as this allows you to try the foods of the destination you are visiting. For breakfast I always end up in the local Starbucks getting a coffee and a pastry. 

Everyone has different expectations as to what they want they want out of the accommodation and this is something that you need to consider. Read the reviews for the hotels but don't take everything to be the truth as what one person thinks of the accommodation may not necessary be what you think of it. 

For booking accommodation I look at Expedia and Hotels.com but I will look at some of the local hotel websites. 

Booking Extras

You need to make sure that you book travel insurance for your holiday. I always get an annual multi trip insurance as this makes it cheaper for if you plan to book more than one holiday. It is also  important to make sure that you book the correct type of insurance as not all insurance will cover worldwide travel. 

Depending on where you are going you may need to book passes or excursions so it is important to take a look at whether or not you need to and make sure you are using a website which is legal. Some destinations have attractions which can be really popular so it would be worth booking these before you travel. 

Make sure you check to see if there are any vaccinations or visas you need for your destination of choice.


LauraJane

Feel free to leave a comment with any question or suggestions of what you would like me to write. 





No comments:

Post a Comment