Thursday 9 March 2017

City Guide: Valencia

If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen that I recently went to Valencia for a couple days which was a trip to go and see my friend who is currently living there. 



 Valencia is a city that you never hear many people say that they are going to for a city break but I think that it's the perfect place to go for a weekend city break. If you are staying in the main city centre of Valencia it is very easy to walk around and see everything as you walk around there are a lot of pretty buildings. One thing I liked about Valencia is that it was easy to be able to find plenty of places for food and drink which are reasonably priced. Whenever I go to a city I always like to make sure I get to see the cathedral which was no exception in Valencia. There is a little river area which is lovely to walk along which is known as Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias. 







































My visit to Valencia fell during the Fallas period which is a celebration that they have in Valencia for Saint Joseph which lasts from 1st March through to 19th March. During this period everyday at 2pm they have an event which is known as La Mascleta at Plaza del Ayumtamiento which is where they set off firecrackers for 7 minutes they also they did a colour version of this on the Saturday evening at midnight whilst I was in Valencia. On the final day of Fallas they have approximately 350 'constructions' located around the city which people will have built over a period of time and these will be burnt down apart from one which is selected as the winner. There is a museum which you can visit where you can see a piece from the constructions that have won in previous years. Whilst I was in Valencia they had a display of some of the constructions that are going to be used on the final day in a museum where people are able to pick their favourite one. 









Hope you enjoy my insight to Valencia.

LauraJane


No comments:

Post a Comment