Sunday 6 November 2016

San Francisco to Las Vegas





         If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen that I recently went to America. I flew from London to San Francisco where I spent a couple of days before travelling to Santa Barbara for the night with a short stop at Monterey Bay where I then continued to Las Vegas. 










San Francisco

This was my first time visiting San Francisco and it is somewhere that I will be definitely going back to. It is such a relaxed city with plenty to see and do which I find appealing. 




Fisherman's Wharf was the first place that I visited once arriving in San Francisco and checking in to the hotel, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Fisherman's Wharf. This is an area which is full of restaurants and is the perfect place to go if you are a fan of eating seafood. For food I went to Boudin's which is famous for it's sourdough bread and had a pizza (I'm not a fan of seafood) which was nice but something I wouldn't be wanting to have again. 

On the first full day I did a tour bus around the city of San Francisco taking in all the sights that were on offer. Once I'd done a full trip I then got off at Golden Gate bridge to then get a bus to a small town called Sausalito which was lovely with little unique shops. Whilst in Sausalito I went to a burger place called Napa Valley Burger Company which was the best burger that I've ever had. In the evening I went to Ghiradelli Square for a little walk around and to visit the chocolate shop which is somewhere you need to go if you are a chocolate fan which sadly I'm not the biggest chocolate fan, I'm more of a savoury person than a sweet person. 



On the second day in San Francisco I visited Alcatraz which is somewhere that I would say people must visit when they go to San Francisco. It is a very eerie place as you see how the prisoners used to live within the cells and just how close it is to mainland which was something I did not expect. 



                







Whilst in San Francisco I also visited Pier 39 which is where the sea lions are located. Pier 39 was a lovely place to just have a walk around and go in the various unique shops as well as a Christmas shop which I think sold some amazing decorations. I would recommend to visit Pier 39 in the morning as it was very busy when I went at mid afternoon. 

          





Monterey Bay & Santa Barbara

I only stopped at Monterey Bay for an hour and it was a lunch stop so it was not a place that I got to really see but from what I saw it seemed to be a nice place and is somewhere that I would like to for a  longer period of time. 


  
                

Santa Barbara was another place that I didn't get to see as I arrived early evening and left early the next morning. I stayed at the Best Western Peppertree Inn which my favourite hotel for the duration of the visit to USA. 

Las Vegas

This was my 6th visit to Las Vegas so it is safe to say that it's a place I love to visit. This time the visit was unfortunately only a short one so there wasn't much time to do anything. One thing that I do love to do in Las Vegas is go shopping which is what I did as soon as I arrived but something new that I did this time was go to the North Shopping Outlet and got myself a bargain as I got a pair of DVF heels for $64 instead of $400. For any shopping fans going to Las Vegas I would recommend Forum Shops as the best place to go shopping where you must also go to The Cheesecake Factory where they serve some of the best food I've ever tasted. 

Whilst in Las Vegas I went to the Neon Boneyard Museum which is where they have some of the old neon signs from hotels that used to be open which is worth a visit. If you do choose to visit it is recommended to pre book a time as you have a guided tour. 


      



In Las Vegas they have a High Roller which is the equivalent to the London Eye which allows you view all over Las Vegas and is a must. I did the High Roller during the day and is something I would like to do in the evening next time I visit. 



Las Vegas is one of them places that I say you either love it or hate it but I love it as there is so much to do whilst you are. For this visit I didn't see any shows as I didn't have time unfortunately. 

LauraJane


Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. 













No comments:

Post a Comment